You are here:About us
The PMA seeks to be the world's foremost academic-practitioner association devoted to advancing knowledge and insight into the fields of performance measurement and management
The principal roles of the PMA are:
- To encourage the development of a multi-disciplinary community centred around performance measurement and management.
- To provide networking opportunities for members of that community so that individuals can better understand the research that has been undertaken into the field of performance measurement and management on a worldwide basis.
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas about theory and practice in the emerging field of performance measurement and management.
- To encourage the exchange and joint development of teaching and education materials designed for practitioners in the field of performance measurement and management.
- To enable the rapid transfer of ideas, concepts and insights in the field of performance measurement and management from academia to business and vice-versa.
Both the academic and business communities at large benefit from the PMA. Through its development the PMA network allows the performance measurement and management agenda to be set by both academics and practitioners alike, thus ensuring the continued relevance to both groups. Developments in the field of performance measurement are taking place at a rapid rate and there is a desperate need for people active in the field to share knowledge and pool resources.
The multi-disciplinary, multi-constituency nature of the PMA adds greatly to its value. Leading organisations have an invaluable role in the establishment of the network and the opportunity for other manufacturing and service businesses, from both the public and private sector, to meet with them and learn from them is unrivalled.
The extensive involvement of academics from across the world in the PMA ensures that the knowledge captured and the lessons learnt are widely and rapidly disseminated. To have access to such a wide variety of organisations, at senior levels, assist all of the PMA’s academic members in their research efforts. The fact that details of research efforts will be published on the WWW and reported in the network’s newsletter ensure that they are widely disseminated.