You are here:About us » History
The Performance Management Association (PMA) is a global network for those interested in the theory and practice of performance measurement and management. Members of the association come from numerous disciplines and the network comprises academics and practitioners, from a truly international spread.
The PMA was formed in 1998 by its Chairman, Professor Andy Neely, University of Cambridge. Since then the association has continued to grow and now has over 3,500 members from 30 different countries. Under the guidance of its Board the PMA has hosted cross-disciplinary international biannual conferences, running since 1998, as well as numerous online resources including an active discussion forum and the PMA newsletter. See below for more about the events hosted by the PMA in the past. PMA members also have access to workshops and seminars which are held on an ad hoc basis, organised by members for members. The PMA has an active discussion forum and makes a valued contribution to the field of performance measurement and management.
In 2010 the PMA entered a new phase of development, with the redesign of its website and a new classic image branding. 2010 also saw the launch of the PMA’s first Chapters or regional PMA groups; new resources on the website and an updated and integrated web-based discussion forum. We hope you like the new developments of the PMA and as always welcome comments, suggestions or offers of support for the association.
- International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics – Fifth edition on "Intellectual Capital in a Complex Business Landscape" – 24-26 June 2010, Matera, Italy
- PMA 2009 Conference - 14-17 April 2009 - Dunedin, New Zealand
- PMA Symposium/Long Range Planning Workshop - 24-25 January 2008, Lausanne.
- International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics - third edition on "Intellectual Capital Dynamics and Innovation Capabilities" - 26-27 June 2008, Matera, Italy
- PMA supported event - International Forum on Knowledge Assets Dynamics - "Intellectual Capital Dynamics and Performance Management" - Matera, Italy, 22-23 June 2007
- PMA 2006 - Performance Measurement and Management - Public and Private, New Connaught Rooms, London, UK, 25-28 July 2006
- PMA 2005 - PMA Symposium, London Business School, London, UK, 8-9 September 2005
- PMA 2004 - Performance Measurement and Management - Public and Private, Edinburgh, UK, 28-30 July 2004
- PMA 2003 IC Symposium - Cranfield, UK 1-2 October 2003
- PMA 2003 - PMA Symposium,Fontainebleau, France, 28-29 July 2003
- PMA 2002 Performance Measurement Theory for Practice, Boston, US, 17-19 July 2002
- PM 2000 - Performance Measurement - Past, Present and Future, Cambridge, UK, 19-21 July 2000
- PM 98 - Performance Measurement - Theory and Practice Cambridge, UK, July 1998