You are here:Activities » Perspectives on performance newsletter
- highlight the contributions of your research
- highlight the implications and/or contributions to practice
- where possible illustrate issues with real examples
- where possible highlight the best practices or lessons learnt from the research.
- can be announcements for conferences/workshops etc, and also for research projects, studies or calls for papers etc.
- Include relevant logos you want included as separate files.
- article submissions should be 500 – 1,000 words and include relevant diagrams and pictures if possible.
- write the articles in third person
- check the grammar and English spelling
- avoid jargon or highly academic language.
Quarter 1 2013 – submissions by 30 Nov 2012 (Vol 10 Iss 2) - ** extended to 31 Dec 2012
Quarter 2 2013 – submission by 31 March 2013 (Vol 10 Iss 3)
Quarter 3 2013 – submission by 31 July 2013 (Vol 11 Iss 1)
Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline dates as given above. Submissions will then be sent out for review and comments fed back to the author where appropriate for amendments.
The latest newsletter from the PMA is now available. It includes details of PMA activities for 2013 as well as articles and details of the winner of 'best newsletter contributer for 2012'. The full contents for Volume 10, Issue 2 are:
- Best PMA Newsletter Contributor for 2012
- PMAA Conference Update
- Implication of ‘Vertical Docking’ in Maruti Suzuki’s Labour Unrest - Julian Goh
- A Dialog on Measuring Deferred Maintenance of Archival Material - Robert Wise, Steve Beste
- Power, Reach of Analytics Pose New Ethical Dilemmas - Frank Buytendijk
- Neurology and Cognitive Performance Measurement and Management - Andrew Moreno
- Assessing Performance of Organisations' Management Using Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) Technique - Maged Morcos
- PMA Symposium 2013
- PMA 2014
We hope you enjoy this issue. The deadline for the next issue is 31 March 2013. Please send contributions to email@example.com.
The latest newsletter from the PMA is now available. It includes reviews of the recent PMA2012 conference, which we hope you will enjoy. The full contents for Volume 10, Issue 1 are:
• Reflections on PMA 2012 - A Retrospective
• PMA Conference Best Paper Awards
• Thumbs Up for PMA 2012 - A Participant’s Perspective
• Review of Keynote Presentations
• ‘Best Practice’ Doesn’t Suit the way our Brain Works!
• Customers versus Employees’ Satisfaction
• The Performance Triangle
• PMA 2014 to be held in ‘Beautiful Denmark’
We hope you enjoy this issue. The deadline for the 1st quarter edition for 2013 has been extended until 31 December 2012. So please feel free to send in your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome articles, comments, news, announcements and anything else you think may be of interest to members.
Published May 2012
- Does a PM Tell the Truth?
- A circular methodology to implement performance measurement systems in SMEs
- Dealing with Dilemmas: Where Business Analytics Fall Short
- Customer Intimacy Analytics: Measuring the Performance of a Customer Intimacy Strategy
- Take Care of the Edges and the Middle will Take Care of itself...
- PuMP Performance Measure Blueprint
- Improving Organisational Performance by Resolving Conflicts between the Management and Labour Union (A Case Study from Egypt)
- Lessons Learned from Designing a Performance Measurement System for a University Research Center
- Who Should Chief Risk Officer (CRO) Report to?
- Performance Measurement: Defining the ‘Unit’ of Measuring Human Potentials
Published January 2012
- Editorial Review of Newsletter Submissions 2010-2011
- Don’t Integrate Risk Management into PM
- Implementation of Contemporary PMS -The Behavioural Dimension
- Public Sector Scorecard - response to Phil Jones’s article
- Abelian Groups for Differentiation in a Sustainability Marketplace
- Multi-Criteria Performance Measurement: An Introduction
- PM - A Revolution for Sustainability
- Managing Performance in Turbulent times
Published September 2011.
- If the Ability to Align Reward Processes with Business Strategy is Valuable - What Factors Explain Why it is Difficult to Achieve and Sustain in Practice? - Andrew Brodie
- What is the impact of performance management and measurement systems on the alignment of employee behaviour and organisational goals? - Sarah Warner, Anant Patel, Enife Atobiloye
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)-Risk Management Focus - Fayaz Malik
- Multi-Criteria Performance Measurement: An Introduction - Patrick T. Hester and Thomas J. Meyers
- Challenges in Performance Management - Independent Research on 1500 Companies Reveals Challenges in Performance Management - Nigel Youell
- Improving the Performance of Organisations by Easing the Tension Between The Front and Back Offices - Dr Maged S Morcos,
- The Public Sector Strategy Map: addressing both Strategy and service delivery models - Phil Jones
- PM - A Revolution for Sustainability - Shradha A Gawankar
- Maintaining Performance with an Aging Management Team - Julian Goh
- Control, communicate, collaborate: The influence of performance measurement on buyer-seller relationship strength - Glenn Corney
Published May 2011
3—PM Information in CEO Work
8—A New Typology of Waste
12—A Model of Investment in the Risk Management Process
14—Assessing Team Performance
22—Learning in the Public Sector
27—Balanced Scorecard Usage
29—Strategies to Replicate Asian Innovation
37—Public Sector Scorecard to Measure Performance
41—Human Potentials and Organization Development
42—5 Common Practical Struggles with PM
Published January 2010
2—Working with performanceportal.org
3—New Simple and Accessible Performance
5—Implications for Healthcare
6—Self Funding Leadership Development – A New Delivery Model
10—How to Avoid the Problems of Target-Setting
15—MBE Special Issue
17—Accounting for sustainability practices
20—A Performance Measurement and Management Model Analogy in Chess
Published September 2010
2—The new www.performanceportal.org !
4—Strategy Maps and Balanced Scorecard Effectiveness
8—German Speaking PMA Chapter
9—Call for Papers
10—An Overview of Performance Measurement Studies
14—Making Strategic Performance Management More Meaningful
15—PMA Special Issue Now Available
17—Balanced Scorecard Survey Report
18—IT Performance Measurement
Published March 2007